Saturday, January 16, 2010

Efficiency?


Music is not efficient. Visual artists and architects went the efficiency route in the 19th century, FAIL! No one falls in love with fictional literary characters after only reading the jacket of a book (most of us anyway). To artists the 4 syllable word ‘Efficiency’ is as cruel as any 4 letter word banned from public use. Luckily, today I was capable of avoiding it entirely.

I set out this morning for each of the 3 art galleries, within 3 blocks of my apartment, apply for a job and turn in my artist portfolio. What I got was: A nice conversation with Doug Jones (a rising London based artist) at a gallery that was NOT on the list; a really informative list of London Galleries; a free “special invitation” to maybe the biggest annual art show of galleries and artist in London (thnx Purdy Hicks Gallery); and I found the best art books store in London right next to the Tate Modern (Marcus Campbell Art Books) they were not hiring either. So I successfully achieved NONE of my goals, and you know what…I feel enormously overjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment