Monday, April 5, 2010

Beam Me Up

They say “The journey is more important than the destination.” Who are they, and where were they going? Don’t get me wrong there is no other journey I would rather be on, but more important? I don’t think so. Each day and the little victories they bring, propel me forward to a vague artful uncertainty, like diesel in a dusty convertible with the music on full blast driving toward the sunrise. Fearful exhilarating future sunrise I feel your warmth as we come closer and I would trade my tricked out ride for no other, but why cant I just teleport like in those sci-fi movies I watched as a child? I want my international solo exhibition with all the accolades ribbons and bows, NOW. But until I rate a starship I am here on earth driving toward perfection one step at a time. The impossible dreams are the ones that keep us alive after all.

It looks like the most likely month for my first London art show is either April or May. There have been plenty of landmarks along the way and there are a few between now and then. I have a new business card, new webpage (no more pop up ads) and 12 new drawings with post cards in the works (send me your address if you want me to mail you one), research for printing full fledged art reproductions done (now I just have to do it), 3 online art venues for art writing (one of which pays, the others use the bartering system) and energy endless energy. I don’t know, maybe there is something to that whole journey vs. destination thing. I do find my goals and my ascension toward them blending together. Maybe they should say (cue wise man voice) “Focus on the right path and the righteous destination will follow."

Thank you for coming along for the ride in my tricked out art mobile. It is good to have company.

Sal

4 comments:

  1. I like how you are doing this for us to follow. I hope you are meeting other artists and networking all you can. Hard city to crack. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone is so supportive things are bound to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping you have a gallery show up and running in late June when I'll be in London. I might be able to zoom by and take a few pictures for all of us back here in our little valley.

    You are doing absolutely all that you can to make it happen and I believe it will.

    ReplyDelete